DevilDog Press author Jill Behe loves what she does. She is smart and kind and I have heard so many good things about her from her publisher. To me that says almost all I need to know. I have not yet had the opportunity to read her books but will at some point in the near future. Please take the time to get to know her better and show her some love and support. Please welcome Jill Behe to Roadie Notes.
1. How old were you when you first wrote your first story?
Nine or ten, I think. Fifth grade? And it was probably a Western.
2. How many books have you written?
I’ve got six completed novels.
3. Anything you won’t write about?
Yes, there are a few subjects I would say no to.
4. Tell me about you. Age (if you don’t mind answering), married, kids, do you have another job etc…
I’m almost 60 (sheesh!). Divorced. Three grown sons, one grandson, and one due in early
October. Served in the U. S. Army (Military Intelligence – Morse Code Intercept). Currently
working full-time as a shipping clerk.
5. What’s your favorite book you have written?
Every book I write is my favorite, during writing (well sometimes it the most hated, depending). Mossy Creek, though, was the most fun to write, so far.
6. Who or what inspired you to write?
Not sure it was any one particular person. I just loved to write. The most inspiring, was a former pastor (now deceased). He told me, basically, not to give up. ͞You’ll never know unless you try.͟
7. What do you like to do for fun?
Game nights with my family. Usually board games (Go to the Head of the Class is a favorite).
8. Any traditions you do when you finish a book?
I call a friend to share the news.
9. Where do you write? Quiet or music?
The where is mostly a recliner in the living room. I write everything out in long hand first.
Depending on the scene I’m writing, Vivaldi’s Four Seasons could be playing (loudly) or Classic
10. Anything you would change about your writing?
I can’t think of anything I’d change, at this point. Maybe be more diligent at writing everyday.
11. What is your dream? Famous writer?
My dream has been to be a published author. I achieved that goal (thank you Devil Dog Press). I’ll have to change the dream a bit to: Continue to be published by creating new material.
12. Where do you live?
I live in North East Pennsylvania.
No pets at this time, but I’ve been contemplating adopting a dog.
14. What’s your favorite thing about writing?
Having words—wondrously falling from my brain through a pen onto paper—become sentences, paragraphs, pages, and ultimately stories (long or short). Just magical.
As always, thank you for letting us get to know you better. I wish you all the best and continued success.
You can connect with Jill Behe here:
My Amazon Author Page
Some of Jill Behe’s books: