There are many things I am thankful for this year. So I decided to make a short list of several of them. I have always thought that people should look at things and make the best of every situation. Now I know that this isn’t always easy or fun at the time but everything that happens in our lives make us who we are and define us so if I look at things in a positive light no matter how bad I have managed to gain something from it all.
Here is my list…..
1. Christy Thornbrugh– she taught me that there is always someone who loves me. Not to give up and to keep pushing no matter what.
2. My other mother and “brother”– they have always loved me no matter what I’m doing or where I am and that I’m ok.
3. XTina Marie– who had given me unconditional support and loads of laughs this year. Has kept my spirit high and reminded me often I could do this,
4. James Longmore– he has taught me that people will like what I write and that I have a voice and to use it. He has also had incredible patience with me when I screw up the newsletter or have to redo a meme 100x’s because I didn’t listen the first time. For letting me be part of the amazing HellBound Books Publishing family. Thank you
5. Jaap Boekestein– who I had the honor to write my very first published story with. It was an awesome journey and I never would have done it without you.
6. Thomas Gunther– such a good friend who made my year when he asked me for a book that my stories were in and told me he wanted it signed. You sir have mad talent.
7. Richard Chizmar– just an incredible man, author and one of my idols who I can’t believe wanted me to read and review his amazing books. I can’t tell you how touched I am.
8. Ray Garton– your friendship means the world to me. You are a joy in my world and I couldn’t think more of you and Dawn. You are my hero.
9. Lemmy Rushmore– who convinced me that I should share my poems with the world. I am nowhere near as wickedly talented as you are but I am thankful for all the times you read my crap and gave me pointers on how to make it better. To me you are our generations Poe.
10. For all the unbelievable talented and amazing writer friends that I have you are my light in the darkness. You make me strong, you keep me going. You will never know how much you all mean to me. I truly love you all.
Now, this short list barely covers all the people who have made my life a better place this year. Thank you all for being a part of my world and letting me be a small part of yours.
With many Thanks,
Roadie Notes 💗